Au Pair in Neuseeland
Erfahrungsbericht von Nathalie und Pia
"The BEST way to go abroad
There are so many ways to go abroad; becoming an Au Pair is just one of them, so why should you choose it?
- You get a home and food That point is obvious but highly appreciated between Au Pairs. It is nice to know that you always have a place to go in your new country. You don't need to worry about renting an apartment or a hostel and it is a requirement to have an own room for yourself.
- Free time while others are working When you are the Au Pair of school or kindergarten kids you will have quite some free time during the day. That is a huge advantage since almost everybody is at work and the places won't be crowded. When you are lucky to have your own car you can explore your surroundings and make the most of the day!
- Living with locals There is no better way to get to know the culture than experiencing it in your daily life and living in a local family. You will get to know ways of living you are not used to, every family is different! We always love to exchange stories or the habits of the families we live in and compare that to the life we are used to!
- Money, money, money.. Since you don't need to pay for your home, food or electricity all the money you earn is for your own enjoyment. Even if you spent it all, you will still have a place to live and food to eat. Further you don't have to pay for any transportation to get to your workplace. Most of the time your host family is happy to lend you camping gear or a bike if they have a spare one, which will save you a lot of money.
- Weekend trips That is probably the best thing about being an Au Pair. Every weekend is a little holiday where you have the time to explore the country and spend quality time with friends or strangers you just met. Of course you should enjoy working with kids and having fun with them during your work time. Nevertheless for us being an Au Pair is a good way to travel and even though we have amazing moments during our work time the weekends and holidays are still something we are looking forward to. At this time you are really free from everything and can do whatever you want to do, with the money earned during the week.
Pia and Nathalie"